Baked Cinnamon Donuts
I really have to stop spending my days on Pinterest, there are just way too many amazing baked goods. I see photos of goodness, like this one, and can’t not bake. So here I am trying not to eat anymore donut-muffins. It helps that I personally saw how much butter went on during the dipping, but they really are delicious!
For the muffin-donuts:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
For the coating:
- 1/4 -1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min for regular tins and 12 for minis. While muffins are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake muffins out of the muffin tin while the muffins are still hot.
- Dip muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
* I recommend using small muffin tins. I used both regular size and mini size muffin tins. The minis were way easier to dip and coat.